Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chai Tea

We are in the throes of the first snow storm of the year, and it is a doozey You can spell doozie however you want, right? Spellcheck is not helping me here!

I made French toast this morning, and I'm about to go clean my kitchen while putting on some Chai Tea. I made it for the first time last week after seeing the recipe on the back of my giant bottle of cloves from Costco. SO easy, tasty, and I like that it uses less milk than cocoa! The recipe called for 1/2 cup of sugar, but I'm going to cut it to 1/3 this time, and I think it will be plenty sweet!

Put 4 c. water to boil with 2 cinnamon sticks, broken and 1 tsp. of cloves. Turn it down and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 c. milk, 8 black tea bags (My boys love Trader Joe's decaf Irish Breakfast), and 1/2 (or 1/3) c. sugar. Let it steep for 3 minutes, strain, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment